As race relations in America continue to be tense, I’ve found that people just find it hard to laugh now a days. Well i’ve got a story that will hopefully put a smile on some people’s faces.
– So i’m in the break room at work just chilling and eating, hoping no one will talk to me.
– I work in this very interesting town where racism was once very prominent.
– A lot of the people I work with are either from Latin America, or they are straight country white people. I’m pretty much kicking it alone as the only young black person there.
– They often engage in some type of dialogue on the social status of america. But when I come along they get quiet.
– So we’re on break and usually I have my headphones on, to avoid hearing the stupid.
– This time I didn’t (lol, it was crazy worth it.)
– A white guy at my job (cool as he wants to be) comes in and starts a conversation with the two Hispanic men, fun.
– Then out of no where he just starts showing off his tattoo’s.
– I keep glancing over there because that’s a very random and weird thing to do.
– Then the white guy lifts his sleeve all the way up and BOOM!
– We all were silently staring at this thing.
– He had a big ass tattoo of the confederate flag on his arm… Colored and all!
– Yo, the room was COMPLETELY silent!
– Jesus himself couldn’t save that awkwardness.
– One of the hispanic dudes was just staring at his arm.
– Dude can barely speak ANGLISH
– He points to him and says “You racist?”
– Oh shoot!
– Another moment of this great awkward silence has engrossed the break room!
– I’m trying with all my MITE! To hold this laugh in, but it was hard.
– Dude walked out the break room so quick, and angry.
Moral of the story: You never know who’s watching.
I’m sure not everyone will find that funny. But if you open yourself up I guarantee you that you will see the sincere comedy in it.
Tis’ All, I’m Out
– Little King