So I decided to stroll through the grocery store to pick up some much needed items to consume the next day. I finally finished my shopping and decided it’s time to check out and go home. I see a friendly nice looking cashier, so I decide to get in his lane, I like to see people have a smile while ringing my stuff up. I clearly did not know what I was getting into. So to that cashier, and every other cashier that decides that striking up a conversation about what i’m buying is a good idea, let me answer all the questions for you so that you won’t continue doing that. I like it when they say, “Hi, How are you doing? You Find everything Ok?” I respond with a smile and say “I’m doing fine, and yes I did find everything ok, thank you :-)” but for those of you who take it a step further, here are your answers.
- Yes, I’ve had a busy day, Why do you care?
- Yes I am hungry, so you do not need to comment how much food i’m buying.
- Hey! I know energy drinks aren’t good for your health, but they’re good for me!
- Ok, sometimes, adults can have alcohol on days where they’re just chilling. But thanks, thanks for making me feel like an alcoholic, for just wanting a drink.
- No I don’t want to donate to whatever you keep asking me to donate to. I know it’s for a good cause, you don’t have to make me feel like such a terrible human being.
- I get it, you’re busy, you’re tired, but lets not make this conversation personal, lets keep it professional my friend.
- You don’t have to have conversation with me the whole time, honestly I’m just looking at how much everything is costing and checking my bank account.
- Yes, I work out, I like to keep in shape, but I can’t help you get motivated, so just leave me alone.
But when the cashier gets through talking to you, and you realize they’re just being nice, you just hope and pray that your face didn’t match how annoyed you were. Cashier’s it’s OK to have mild professional conversation, especially if a customer starts it, but please do not engage in anything person, this has been a public service annoucment. Tis’ All, I’m Out.
– Little King